TEL: 01434 240 902 MOB: 07720 053724 EMAIL: email@example.com
Tipis & Yurts
Three large authentic handmade Tipis and three Mongolian Yurts (or Gers) set in beautiful individual sites...and now a unique handcrafted Shepherds Hut with simply stunning views for 2013...
The Tipis...Brock ,Tod (6) Peewit ( Up to 10 )
Wild Northumbrian Tipis are stunning structures set in their own piece of wild Northumberland. Go to sleep with sounds of the little burn outside. 21ft diameter, 21ft high with so much room to stretch out, to play, to dream… With a traditional open firepit for heat and cooking Tipis are the emblem of the free spirit, of wilderness and a connection with the natural world.
Our Tipis are fully equipped:
- For cooking… all equipment including a little gas stove (Cook Wild if you can, its more fun!) and a lovely firebowl
- For eating… all equipment, utensils you need incluing Norwegian recycled wooden bowls, plates and cutlery
- For sleeping…with a cosy double futon sofa bed, and comfy camp beds
- For comfort… reindeer skins, rugs, sheepskins and cushions
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Decking to sit out and view the stars (darkest skies in the UK)
- All you need to do is bring your duvets/sleeping bags and pillowcases and towels. Bring your binoculars for the Buzzards!! Wellies too..
- This is wild camping in style. Tipis are ancient structures which are very much a "hands on " experience..or those who are "wild at heart..." .
- Both Brock and Tod Tipis have been totally revamped for 2013 with sanded larch floors. Tod Tipi has a wonderful new site overlooking the Tarset valley.
Workshops and activities
Just let us know and we'll arrange bespoke activities and workshops from professional practitioners. Fun filled days for all the family and one-off intensive courses. Have a look at Workshops and Treat Yourself !
All our on site facilities are here to create a free, easy, comfortable stay, looking after our visitors but also our environment and surroundings.
After your adventures of the day you will find constant hot showers, cosy underfloor heated showers and drying areas, where you can dry clothes and just relax under a hot shower.
We have a fully equipped kitchen area where you can wash up, cook with gas stove, fridge, washing machine. All those essentials to make cooking, or storage a little easier! (Weekdays 12.30-1.15 pm the kitchen is used by our local Unison colour staff.)
Fresh water is available at all accommodation in containers and at a standpipe nearby, along with enough wood for a day or two to start you off by your Tipi and Yurt so stoves stay warm and crackling! Extra wood is available at £5 per barrow in the kitchen or log store.
A garden allotment and orchard where you can collect free range eggs or just feed and watch our lovely ducks and hens.
Communal outdoor fire pit areas with nearby hammocks to share stories or just sit and ponder in peace. Also bird and squirrel feeding areas so you can get to know the locals!
We do whole site bookings. Hen weekends , birthday celebrations, reunions... we can accommodate up to 40 !! We can organise all sorts of bespoke activities and events
Take advantage of our Wild Northumbrian Supplies in our kitchen including extra gas, wood, kindling, matches, paper, our free range eggs, cakes etc. We have a conventient honesty tin too! Coming soon a range of produce made from Wild plants , flowers and fruit.
The Yurts...Merle, Esk and Houlet ( Sleep 4-6 )
Wild Northumbrian Yurts are hand crafted, bespoke structures, fully insulated for all weathers. Adapted for this climate they offer a window to the stars and changing seasons. A closeness to nature, yet with a wonderfully luxurious feel. They have wonderful local reclaimed furniture and organic, fairtrade rugs and sheepskins. All the touches you would expect to make your stay magical.
Our Yurts are fully equipped:
- With recycled woodburning stoves you can cook on and a dual gas camping stove too
- For eating…all equipment, utensils and a storage and butchers block for all your cooking essentails
- For sleeping… hand crafted, reclaimed wood king size double beds, and luxurious organic camping beds from recycled materials.
- For comfort…with rugs, sheepskins and cushions, duck down duvets and pillows
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Great decking to sit out take in the the breathtaking views around your a glowing handcrafted firebowl
- Both Tipis and Yurts have enough wood for a couple of days and candles you need included. They all have outside decking, a fire pit, hammock and reclaimed wood table. Water from water carriers filled for your stay. Extra water from a standpipe. They all have a range of books, games and drawing materials.
- Cosy and warm all year round !
- Introducing the new Houlet Yurt for 2013 near our new rope swing bridge
On your arrival
We'll take you round , tell you about this wonderful area and let you know that if there's anything you need we'll be around to help.
Those little extras...
- Fresh bread, cakes and homemade treats left on your doorstep
- Easter egg hunts and other seasonal activities
- Personalised hampers with local produce
- Local icecream
- Fairy walks & Wildlife watches
- Remote wildlife cameras
- Exciting workshops from Falconry, Historic Pottery to Bushcraft and Foraging
- Bat nights to stargazing nights
- A wonderful 300 year old Inn a walk away
- Thousands of acres of wild Northumberland National Park to explore
- Join in on many heart warmimg community events such as Ceilidhs and Northumbrian Nights
- Osprey watch
- Dog friendly!
- Guilded walks and bike trails
- A fabulous rope swing bridge to get from Merle and Houlet Yurt over a our deep little burn. New for 2013!
- Bring your horse! With livery close by and a 9 acre meadow on site.
- A bike friendly site with secure storage and a bike hub route
- Our quad and trailer to take bags to your Yurt, Tipi or Shepherds Hut
- Half day ourdoor living workshops with Rob Caton of Wild Harmony