TEL: 01434 240203 evenings MOB: Text 07720 053724 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tipis & Yurts
Two Tipis and five Mongolian Yurts (or Gers) set in beautiful individual secluded sites and a unique handcrafted Shepherds Hut with simply stunning views...
The Tipis...Curlew & Peewit (4-6)
Wild Northumbrian Tipis are stunning structures set in their own piece of wild Northumberland. Go to sleep with sounds of curlews and buzzards. 24ft diameter, 24 ft high with so much room to stretch out, to play, to dream… With a traditional open firepit for heat and cooking Tipis are the emblem of the free spirit, of wilderness and a connection with the natural world. Tod Tipi is now a lovely cosy 14ft Scandinavian Laavu Tipi with a woodburning stove and a wonderful site over lookin the valley
Our Tipis are fully equipped:
- For cooking… all equipment including a little gas stove (Cook Wild if you can, its more fun!) and a lovely woodburning stove or firepit
- For eating… all equipment, utensils you need incluing Norwegian recycled wooden bowls, plates and cutlery
- For sleeping…with a cosy and comfy camp matresses
- For comfort… reindeer skins, rugs, sheepskins and cushions
- Lanterns with candles
- All you need to do is bring your duvets/sleeping bags and pillowcases and towels. Bring your binoculars for the Buzzards and the Stars!!
- This is wild camping in style. Tipis are ancient structures which are very much a "hands on " experience..or those who are "wild at heart..." .
- New for 2014 !! A brilliant eco compost toilets by the Yurts and camping shower available soon. too
- NB 1 These sites are very secluded and wild 350 m down the meadow. some people with small children or mobility issues may need to consider Peewit Tipi or one of the Yurts
- NB 2 Tipis are natural, organic structures. Tipis are wild camping and not glamping. New for 2014 unique drip catchers from Wolf Glen Tipis that pretty much erradicate drips.
- NB 3 New for 2014: A lovely quirky reclaimed wood composting loo and soon a camp shower for Tod and Brock Yurt making them fully independant of the main site. Ideal for wild eco friendly living.
- Look out for Bushcraft Tipi weekend packages and the half day Tipi living experience packages
Workshops and activities
Just let us know and we'll arrange bespoke activities and workshops from professional practitioners. Fun filled days for all the family and one-off intensive courses. Have a look at Workshops and Treat Yourself !
All our on site facilities are here to create a free, easy, comfortable stay, looking after our visitors but also our environment and surroundings.
After your adventures of the day you will find constant hot showers, cosy underfloor heated showers and drying areas, where you can dry clothes and just relax under a hot shower.
We have 2 fully equipped kitchens where you can wash up, cook with gas stove, fridge, washing machine. All those essentials to make cooking, or storage a little easier! (Weekdays 12.30-1.15 pm the kitchen is used by our local Unison colour staff.)
Fresh water is available at all accommodation in containers and at a standpipe nearby, along with enough wood for a day or two to start you off by your Tipi and Yurt so stoves stay warm and crackling! Extra kindling and wood is available at £3.00 kindling and peat available too
A garden allotment and orchard where you can collect free range eggs or just feed and watch our lovely ducks and hens.
Communal outdoor fire pit areas with nearby hammocks to share stories or just sit and ponder in peace. Also bird and squirrel feeding areas so you can get to know the locals!
We do whole site bookings. Hen weekends , birthday celebrations, reunions... we can accommodate up to 30. We can organise all sorts of bespoke activities and events
Take advantage of our Wild Northumbrian Supplies in our kitchen including extra gas, wood, kindling, matches, paper, our free range eggs, cakes etc. We have a conventient honesty tin too! Coming soon a range of produce made from Wild plants , flowers and fruit.
The Yurts...Merle, Esk, Houlet, Brock and Tod -Sleep 4-6
Wild Northumbrian Yurts are hand crafted, bespoke structures, fully insulated for all weathers. Adapted for this climate they offer a window to the stars and changing seasons. A closeness to nature, yet with a wonderfully luxurious feel. They have wonderful local reclaimed furniture and organic, fairtrade rugs and sheepskins. All the touches you would expect to make your stay magical.
Our Yurts are fully equipped:
- With recycled woodburning stoves you can cook on and a dual gas camping stove too
- For eating…all equipment, utensils and a storage and butchers block for all your cooking essentails
- For sleeping… hand crafted, reclaimed wood king size double beds, and luxurious organic camping beds from recycled materials.
- For comfort…with rugs, sheepskins and cushions, duck down duvets and pillows
- Lanterns with candles and a torch!
- Great decking to sit out take in the the breathtaking views around your a glowing handcrafted firebowl
- Both Tipis and Yurts have enough wood for a day or so and candles you need included. They all have outside decking, a fire pit, hammock and reclaimed wood table. Water from water carriers filled for your stay. Extra water from a standpipe or kitchen. They all have a range of books, games and drawing materials in the kitchen area
- Cosy and warm all year round !
- Introducing two new 16ft Brock Yurts > A real romantic hideaway or family Yurt for 4 down by the burn and up at Esk too for April 2015. A big 20ft Yurt at Tod too!
The Shepherd Hut
- Completely insulated with sheeps wool and hemp
- Wonderful Hobbit woodburning stove for heating and cooking
- King size double bed with duck down bedding
- Fully equiped kitchen butchers block
- All candlelit
- Beautifully placed, exclusive location, fabulous views
- Outside firepit with BBQ facilities
- Perfect for couples
- Quirky reclaimed wood compost loo
- Private Hot "Aussie" style Bush shower coming soon
On your arrival
We'll take you round , tell you about this wonderful area and let you know that if there's anything you need we'll be around to help. If we ae not there there is a map and you are welcome to wonder up to your accommodation and move in!
Map of Wild Northumbrian (Brock Tipi now Brock Yurt)
Those little extras...
- Easter egg hunts and other seasonal activities
- Personalised hampers with local produce
- Local icecream
- Fairy walks & Wildlife watches
- Remote wildlife cameras
- Exciting workshops from Falconry, Historic Pottery to Bushcraft and Foraging
- Bat nights to stargazing nights
- A wonderful 300 year old Inn a walk away
- Thousands of acres of wild Northumberland National Park to explore
- Join in on many heart warmimg community events such as Ceilidhs and Northumbrian Nights
- Osprey watch
- Dog friendly!
- Guilded walks and bike trails
- A fabulous rope swing bridge to get from Merle and Houlet Yurt over a our deep little burn.
- Compost loo now at Merle and Houlet
- Bring your horse! With livery close by and a 9 acre meadow on site.
- A bike friendly site with secure storage and a bike hub route
- Eco-friendly wheelbarows to your Yurt, Tipi or Shepherds Hut
- Half day ourdoor living workshops with Rob Caton of Wild Harmony available on request