TEL: 01434 240 902 MOB: 07720 053724 EMAIL: email@example.com
Business & Education
Wild Northumbrian Education
Stay with us and experience the Northumberland National Park as never before. 2 authentic Tipi and 2 Mongolian Yurts provide breathtaking accommodation for your stay.
Art, natural sciences, history, drama and physical activity in an inspiring but secure setting, are catered for all year round at this new site of Wild Northumbrian, run by qualified teachers Robert and Victoria Hersey in the beautiful North Tyne Valley of Northumberland National Park. We are dedicated to making this new destination an educational and green outdoor experience without sacrificing comfort, and will happily organise courses and activities to suit teachers’ Learning Outside the Classroom programmes. We can cater for groups up to 35 and have a 24ft workshop Tipi and classroom available.
Surrounded by woodlands, ancient haymeadows, lakes, waterfalls and moors, Wild Northumbria is located alongside the world-famous Unison Colour Pastels maker, where art courses are run. The local village of Bellingham has shops, banking, accommodation and restaurants and also houses the award-winning Bellingham Heritage Centre museum of rural life which is opening classroom facilities in a historic railway coach, on the premises next spring.
Easy day trips can be made to Hadrian’s Wall World Heritage Site, the dam and facilities of Kielder Water and Forest, Alnwick Gardens and Castle, the museums and Sage Concert hall of Newcastle and Gateshead, and the beaches and castles of the Northumberland Heritage Coast.
Tailor made corporate challenges and activities set amongst the rugged wilderness of Northumberland National Park. Unique group accommodation in beautiful Tipis and Yurts with breakfast baskets and evening meals at the local and very cosy Hollybush Inn.
A day of survival/bushcraft skills, outdoor education, fun, challenging and skill enhancing. Days and weekends of activities to move professionals forward into the future.
Packages to motivate and inspire. Just drop us a line.
A Summary of facilities
- A unique site in Northumberland National Park offering weekend, midweek and week long breaks in stunning and alternative accommodation
- A beautiful and remote location with each Tipi/Yurt in its own private site
- Able to cater for groups of 40-45 max
- Open access to thousands of acres of fells, woodland and meadows
- A 30 ft workshop space with woodburning stove, sinks, gas stove
- A 24ft Tipi with firepit and communal outdoor seating area
- Facilities include 2 showers and 2 toilets heated by air source heating and solar power. This also has a drying area
- Bike friendly
- A kitchen with fridge and freezer
- Bespoke courses including Bushcraft, Astronomy, Bat nights, Falconry, Astronomy, Ancient pottery, Woodcraft, Archery and much more. Please contact us for details of all the events and activities on offer
- Site of the world famous Unison Colour Pastels. Tutors available
2 x 21ft Tipis and 3 x 20ft Yurts offering spacious accommodation for 8-10 persons per Tipi and 6-8 per Yurt and 1 x Shepherds Hut for small family, couple or single occupancy
Each Tipi and Yurt has a wood burning stove/Chiminea/Firepit for heating/cooking. Wood floors with rugs and Kilims, luxury camping beds
Picnic Tables and fire pits outside each Tipi/Yurt
A central location in Northumberland National Park giving easy access to many historic sites and attractions. 13 miles from Hadrian’s Wall, 8 miles from Kielder Reservoir, 45 miles from the Heritage coast, 75 miles from Edinburgh, 40 miles from Newcastle. Nearest village, Bellingham, with shops, banks, cafe, garage etc and home to the excellent museum of rural life, the Bellingham Heritage Centre.